Ayurveda, being the science of life, propagates the gifts of nature in maintaining healthy and happy living. Ayurveda’s extensive knowledge base on preventive care, derives from the concepts of “Dinacharya” - daily regimes and “Ritucharya” - seasonal regimes to maintain healthy life. It is a plant-based science. The simplicity of awareness about oneself and the harmony each individual can achieve by uplifting and maintaining his or her immunity is emphasized across Ayurveda’s classical scriptures. Enhancing the body’s natural defence system (immunity) plays an important role in maintaining optimum health.
Ayurveda recommends the following self-care guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health. These are supported by Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications.
Recommended General Measures
1. Drink warm water throughout the day.
Ayurvedic Immunity Promoting Measures
1. Chyavanprash 10gm (1tsf) in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar free Chyavanprash.
2. Herbal Tea / Decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) - once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and / or fresh lemon juice to your taste, if needed.
3. Golden Milk - Half tea spoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk - once or twice a day.
Simple Ayurvedic Procedures
2. Oil pulling therapy - Take 1 tablespoon sesame or coconut oil in mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day.
When you have dry cough or sore throat
3. These measures generally treat normal dry cough and sore throat. However, it is best to consult doctors if these symptoms persist.
These measures can be followed to the extent possible as per an individual’s convenience. These are recommended by eminent Vaidyas from across the world as they may possibly boost an individual’s immunity against infections.
- The above advisory does not claim to be treatment for any disease.
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.